“Unless we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that during the Crusades and the Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ…”
The crusades were completely REACTIONARY to a multi-century onslaught by jihadists. The purpose of the crusades were to free Christians while the purpose of jihad (Islam’s march) was to conquer and kill the kafir (non-muslims).
THERE IS NO MORAL EQUIVALENCE TO THE TWO!!!!!!!
SOME FACTS: The first Crusade began in 1095 after centuries of church burnings, killings, enslavement and forced conversions of Christians… by the Muslims:
– 460 years after the first Christian city was overrun by Muslim armies,
– 457 years after Jerusalem was conquered by Muslim armies,
– 453 years after Muslims first plundered Italy,
– 427 years after Muslim armies first laid siege to the Christian capital of Constantinople,
– 380 years after France was first attacked by Muslim armies,
– 249 years after the capital of the Catholic world, Rome itself, was sacked by a Muslim army.
By the time the Crusades finally began, Muslim armies had conquered two thirds of the Christian World.
“Crusades, military expeditions, beginning in the late 11th century, that were organized by Western Christians in response to centuries of Muslim wars of expansion. Their objectives were to check the spread of Islam, to retake control of the Holy Land, to conquer pagan areas, and to recapture formerly Christian territories;
Approximately two-thirds of the ancient Christian world had been conquered by Muslims by the end of the 11th century, including the important regions of Palestine, Syria, Egypt, and Anatolia.
By the 14th century the Ottoman Turks had established themselves in the Balkans and would penetrate deeper into Europe despite repeated efforts to repulse them.”
The above image source: